The planned collaboration brings the two industry leaders in wirelesscommunications together in the development of small cells to enhance wirelessnetwork reception in environments such as urban areas, shopping malls and otherenterprise venues.
With the growing popularity of smartphones, tablets and other mobile devicesusing high-bandwidth video and gaming applications, wireless network operatorsand service providers are looking to small cells to cost-effectively meet therapidly expanding demand for mobile data capacity and network coverage. Byworking together,
To facilitate this acceleration, the two companies plan to jointlyinvest in a strategic R&D program to develop the next generation ofAlcatel-Lucent lightRadio(TM) Small Cell products featuring
Commenting on the collaboration,
"Small cells greatly increase capacity by bringing the network closer to theuser, thus enabling operators to serve the anticipated 1000x growth in mobiledata traffic and dramatically improving the experience for wirelesssubscribers," said Dr.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise