T All three major American automakers - - Ford Motor
Co., Chrysler Group and General Motors Corporation -- reported strong sales
gains last month in comparison with the same period a year ago, according to
statistics released Tuesday.
Ford said its sales went up by 13.4 percent in June. The Dearborn automaker's small cars, which include the Fiesta subcompact, Focus and C-Max compact cars, surged 39 percent. Ford' s Escape compact SUV posted its best monthly sales total ever to hit 28,694 units. Chrysler sold 156,686 vehicles in June, a rise of 8.2 percent and the best June sales result since 2007. Chrysler 's Fiat, Jeep and Chrysler brands all posted sales gains.
GM sales rose 6.5 percent to 264,843. Cadillac sales went up 14. 9 percent while the Chevrolet brand had a 7.4 percent sales gain.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign