T All three major American automakers - - Ford Motor
Co., Chrysler Group and General Motors Corporation -- reported strong sales
gains last month in comparison with the same period a year ago, according to
statistics released Tuesday.
Ford said its sales went up by 13.4 percent in June. The Dearborn automaker's small cars, which include the Fiesta subcompact, Focus and C-Max compact cars, surged 39 percent. Ford' s Escape compact SUV posted its best monthly sales total ever to hit 28,694 units. Chrysler sold 156,686 vehicles in June, a rise of 8.2 percent and the best June sales result since 2007. Chrysler 's Fiat, Jeep and Chrysler brands all posted sales gains.
GM sales rose 6.5 percent to 264,843. Cadillac sales went up 14. 9 percent while the Chevrolet brand had a 7.4 percent sales gain.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits