T All three major American automakers - - Ford Motor
Co., Chrysler Group and General Motors Corporation -- reported strong sales
gains last month in comparison with the same period a year ago, according to
statistics released Tuesday.
Ford said its sales went up by 13.4 percent in June. The Dearborn automaker's small cars, which include the Fiesta subcompact, Focus and C-Max compact cars, surged 39 percent. Ford' s Escape compact SUV posted its best monthly sales total ever to hit 28,694 units. Chrysler sold 156,686 vehicles in June, a rise of 8.2 percent and the best June sales result since 2007. Chrysler 's Fiat, Jeep and Chrysler brands all posted sales gains.
GM sales rose 6.5 percent to 264,843. Cadillac sales went up 14. 9 percent while the Chevrolet brand had a 7.4 percent sales gain.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks