The Mavericks in Ocean City
Who Are They: The Mavericks are hard to classify. They show up on the country charts - at least 14 of their singles have made it onto the list of country hits kept by "Billboard" magazine - but this band also knows its way around rock and pop and Latin-influenced music too, as they'll show tonight at the Ocean City Music Pier.
What To Expect: The Mavericks like to describe themselves as a "country-steeped garage band with a Cuban-American lead singer," Raul Malo - whose voice has been compared to the legendary Roy Orbison, which is pretty fancy company indeed. The band got together in Miami almost 25 years ago, was named the top new vocal group of 1994 by the Academy of Country Music and took an eight-year break before getting back together last year.
Event Info: Showtime is 7:30 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier, Boardwalk at Moorlyn Terrace. Tickets $35. For more details, see brepresents.com.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry