The Mavericks in Ocean City
Who Are They: The Mavericks are hard to classify. They show up on the country charts - at least 14 of their singles have made it onto the list of country hits kept by "Billboard" magazine - but this band also knows its way around rock and pop and Latin-influenced music too, as they'll show tonight at the Ocean City Music Pier.
What To Expect: The Mavericks like to describe themselves as a "country-steeped garage band with a Cuban-American lead singer," Raul Malo - whose voice has been compared to the legendary Roy Orbison, which is pretty fancy company indeed. The band got together in Miami almost 25 years ago, was named the top new vocal group of 1994 by the Academy of Country Music and took an eight-year break before getting back together last year.
Event Info: Showtime is 7:30 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier, Boardwalk at Moorlyn Terrace. Tickets $35. For more details, see brepresents.com.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March