AUBURN -- Throughout July the Auburn Public Library Summer Film Showcase will feature summer camps, practical jokes and outdoor adventures.
The first film, "Indian Summer," will be shown at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, in the Androscoggin Community Room. Staring Dianne Lane and Alan Arkin, the comedy is about eight friends who reunite at their summer camp after 20 years.
The second film, "The Great Outdoors," will be shown at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 16, in the Androscoggin Community Room. The comedy stars John Candy and Dan Aykroyd in a series of outdoor mishaps.
The final summer film showcase, "The Parent Trap," is the 1961 classic starring Hayley Mills playing twin daughters of a divorced couple who accidentally meet for the first time at summer camp. After discovering they are long-lost twin sisters, the two concoct an outrageous scheme to switch places in an effort to get their parents back together. The film will be shown at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 23, in the Androscoggin Community Room.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say