July 03--Ventriloquist Gary Owen will bring his puppet friends for a pair of performances Monday at the Norman Library, 225 N Webster Ave. Owen will present programs at 2 and 7 p.m. as part of the Summer Reading Program. He will give repeat performances at 2 and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Moore Library, 225 N Howard Ave.
Dance program targets teens
Norman-area teens can "Get Down to Dance" at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Norman Library. Modern dance instructor Rachel Hendricks will work with teens to develop dance techniques and their self-confidence. To learn more about summer activities at the library, go to www.justsoyouknow.us or on Twitter @mylibrary2go or Facebook at "Pioneer Library System."
Teen program set in Moore
The Moore Library will host "Tolkien's Middle Earth Exploration" at 2 p.m. Monday. The program for teens is an outreach program of the Oklahoma Museum Network, which includes Science Museum Oklahoma among other museums. The program will feature activities based on J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit."
Workshop to focus on family stories
Nathan Brown, the 2013-14 poet laureate of Oklahoma, will lead a workshop at 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Moore Library on "Family Stories: How to Begin." Brown will offer tips on how to get started in research and recording of family stories.
From Staff Reports
(c)2013 The Oklahoman
Visit The Oklahoman at www.newsok.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion