ARE YOU a rising stage star? Do you want to join a band? Are you interested in working behind the scenes at a theatre? Hall for Cornwall's 2013 Theatre Summer School is selling fast, so you'll need to hurry if you want to reserve a place.
You'll spend 11 fun-packed days from Monday, August 5, to Saturday, August 17, working with top industry professionals, towards staging a production in front of a live audience.
The show, Gargantua, written by Carl Grose (Kneehigh and National Theatre) has never been performed in Cornwall before. Carl's work is known around the world, both on stage and radio - so it is a very exciting opportunity and a chance to learn lots of new skills.
They're also teaming up with one of HfC's resident companies, o- region, which performs theatre tours all over the South West and has recently shot to fame with their feature film Weekend Retreat. To round off the two weeks in style the show will be performed on HfC's main stage with full lighting and effects where friends and family can see what you've achieved. They don't audition but just require commitment and enthusiasm - no prior experience is necessary. The Hall is looking for 40 actors (ages 12 to 19), six rock musicians (12 to 19) and two technical team members (16 to 19) with places at Pounds 195.
Book by calling the box office on 01872 262466 or online at www.hallforcornwall.co.uk
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges