July 03--"The Lone Ranger" looks to be off to a good start, but is placing second to some Minions.Fandango_FANTICIPATION_130705_1550
The Disney big-budget film is currently being outpaced by "Despicable Me 2."
According to Fandango, the nation's moviegoers are mad about Minions, propelling the animated film to the top of the Fanticipation movie buzz chart as the No. 1 movie fans want to see this weekend -- scoring an impressive 95 out of 100 points.
The film is ahead of the Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer action-adventure, which scored 86 and is pacing well for a Western.
The movie was filmed in various locations around New Mexico and the budget for the film was around $250 million.
Fandango's Fanticipation measures fan sentiment around the weekend box office line-up, and provides a solid indicator for which movies fans are planning to see in theaters. The numerical scores are calculated based on a proprietary analysis of Fandango's advance ticket sales, website and mobile traffic, and social media engagement.
-- Email the reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call the reporter at 505-823-3921
(c)2013 the Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, N.M.)
Visit the Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, N.M.) at www.abqjournal.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy