WikiLeaks said its founder Julian Assange may be on the election ballot for the
Australia's Electoral Commission approved the registration application for the WikiLeaks Party Tuesday, the Australian Broadcasting Corp. reported.
Party founder Julian Assange previously indicated he will run for the Senate.
He is currently holed up in the Ecuadoran embassy in London to avoid extradition to Sweden for questioning in a sexual assault case.
WikiLeaks said if Assange is elected to the Senate but unable to return to Australia another candidate could fill his spot.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits