WikiLeaks said its founder Julian Assange may be on the election ballot for the
Australia's Electoral Commission approved the registration application for the WikiLeaks Party Tuesday, the Australian Broadcasting Corp. reported.
Party founder Julian Assange previously indicated he will run for the Senate.
He is currently holed up in the Ecuadoran embassy in London to avoid extradition to Sweden for questioning in a sexual assault case.
WikiLeaks said if Assange is elected to the Senate but unable to return to Australia another candidate could fill his spot.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department