WikiLeaks said its founder Julian Assange may be on the election ballot for the
Australia's Electoral Commission approved the registration application for the WikiLeaks Party Tuesday, the Australian Broadcasting Corp. reported.
Party founder Julian Assange previously indicated he will run for the Senate.
He is currently holed up in the Ecuadoran embassy in London to avoid extradition to Sweden for questioning in a sexual assault case.
WikiLeaks said if Assange is elected to the Senate but unable to return to Australia another candidate could fill his spot.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes