July 29--One of my favorite actors, Jeff Bridges, stars in a remake of a classic film, "True Grit" (2010). It airs at 8 p.m. Tuesday on FX. In the film, Bridges stars as an alcoholic U.S. marshal who helps a 14-year-old girl find her father's killer. The film was directed by Joel and Ethan Coen.
Bridges has had a diverse and full career. What do you remember about him?
1. He got his start on two of his father's TV series. Can you name his famous actor father and the two series?
2. Bridges was nominated for six Academy Awards, and won Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for which 2009 film?
3. Bridges starred in which 1982 Disney film that took computer games to a whole new level?
4. Bridges came of age in which critically acclaimed 1971 Peter Bogdanovich film that also starred Cybill Shepherd?
5. Bridges also starred opposite his brother Beau in which 1989 film that also starred Michelle Pfeiffer?
6. The Coen brothers had also directed Bridges in which 1998 film? Dude, I know you know.
7. Bridges met his wife while filming which 1975 cattle rustling film?
8. He starred as a car maker in "Tucker: The Man and his Dream" (1988). What was Tucker's first name?
Answers: 1. "Sea Hunt" (1958-60) and "The Lloyd Bridges Show" (1962-63). 2. "Crazy Heart." 3. "Tron." 4. "The Last Picture Show." 5. "The Fabulous Baker Boys." 6. "The Big Lebowski." 7. "Rancho Deluxe." 8. Preston.
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- Perry Deploying 1,000 Troops to Texas Border