Syfy does not plan to ask "Sharknado" co-star Tara Reid to appear in the New York-set sequel to its cult hit, TMZ reported.
Producers of the television project met last week and decided the only actor they want from the original to appear in the sequel is Ian Ziering, the celebrity news website said.
Reid and Ziering were paid $50,000 apiece for the first movie, which was set in California, but Ziering is expected to earn more for the sequel since the original "Sharknado" was such a hit.
Ziering is best known for playing Steve Sanders on "Beverly Hills, 90210" for 10 seasons. He also competed on "Dancing with the Stars."
Reid was a cast member of the "American Pie" comedy films.
"Sharknado" is to premiere on the big-screen Friday night at select U.S. movie theaters. The TV movie was a ratings hit and social media sensation when it was shown on the cable television network July 11. "Sharknado 2" is to premiere on Syfy in July 2014.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security