“Whether you’re a musician, engineer, producer, blogger, publicist, manager, promoter, or student, Martin’s BandSmart Weekend will turbocharge your pursuits in the music business,” says
BandSmart will offer seminars, panels, and presentations on a variety of topics, including:
• Show production
• Web development
• Social media strategy
Guest speakers will include:
• Wendy Day – Founder of the non-profit
• Gary Kuzminski – Expert on interactive and social media, guerrilla marketing, and technology.
• Greg Kot – Music critic at
• Josh Chicoine – Co-founder of the Chicago International Movies & Music Festival (CIMMfest).
• Kris Myers - Drummer for
• Hillel Frankel – President at Novo Arts and Managing Partner of
• Rokker Inker - Owner of RÖkker Vodka, Publisher and Broadcaster of
• Shaun Barrett – Co-founder of 4
• David Silbaugh – Talent Buyer for Summerfest, A&R Consultant for Banshee Music, Entertainment Relations Consultant for Gibson, and partner in entertainment consulting firm Pursuit Live.
• Gabe McDonough - VP, Music Director/
• Elle Quintana – Talent Buyer for Reggie’s
• Jen Remsik – Owner, Sapling Events and co-creator of
• Jim Remsik – Principal at Bendyworks, software developer, co-creator of
• Stephen Harms – Owner of The Warehouse (LaCross, WI), Zero Budget Records, and Warehouse Posters.
• Mary Sweeney – Owner, Mary Sweeney Photography.
• Lance Curran – Owner of t-shirt company Threadless and co-founder of
• Julian Grant - Filmmaker, Writer, Producer, Director, Consultant, and Professor.
• Martin Atkins – Educator, Author, Artist, and Consultant.
“BandSmart will share essential music business insights that you’ll never hear anywhere else, or would take you years to discover on your own,” says
Along with its panels, BandSmart will also present demonstrations and interactive workshops, including screenprinting (offered by Replica Chicago), mastering, and one-on-one coaching/mentoring sessions with the event’s guest panelists.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10943407.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Eagle Deaths OK'd for Wind Power
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM