The enhancements include version 8.5 of the Riverbed Optimization System (RiOS®), the software that powers market-leading Riverbed Steelhead WAN optimization solutions, and the new hardware appliance, the Steelhead CX 255 series appliance. Path selection, a new feature in RiOS 8.5, simplifies the management of hybrid MPLS and Internet networks while delivering maximum performance. New application optimizations extend the Steelhead appliance's lead in delivering the broadest set of optimizations for applications important to business. Integration with Riverbed Cascade® Profiler software, a leading application-aware network performance management solution, helps IT managers meet application SLAs. These enhancements and additions to the award-winning Steelhead product family allow IT organizations to more cost-effectively give end users across the organization the performance they need while maintaining control and minimizing complexity.
"It is critical for us to rapidly adopt new technologies that help us to reduce costs, boost productivity, and enhance collaboration," said
IT organizations face demands from their end users for access and speed, regardless of device or location, yet must still manage the network efficiently and securely. With their broad set of application optimizations and deployment options, ease of installation and management, and now the ability to manage multiple access methods with path selection, Riverbed WAN optimization solutions are uniquely positioned to allow businesses to manage these complex IT environments.
"Network architects should revise WAN architectures to improve performance for external cloud applications and resources. While Internet VPNs and Ethernet services will play a greater role in the enterprise WAN over the next two to four years, it will largely be as part of a hybrid network, blended with MPLS service to ensure delivery of the performance, availability, and feature functionality that businesses desire," noted Gartner analysts
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response