AS PART of moves to improve operational efficiency and ensure the delivery of quality services to its clients, the management of the
The Chief Executive Officer of the hospital, Prof.
He further disclosed that the system, which is currently being operated at the
Prof. Adjei further indicated that as part of efforts to improve medical services, management of the hospital, in the course of the first half of the year, also focused on the replacement of some of the aged equipment in the facility.
He disclosed that the
The CEO of KATH also announced that the Eye Unit of the hospital has formally commenced operation at the newly constructed ultra-modern Eye Centre which he said, was expected to serve as a training centre for Ophthalmologist in the
He indicated further that whilst the renovation and refurbishment of the
The hospital, according to him, registered 5,263 deliveries, 17,341 admissions, 14,017 Emergency cases, 10,602 surgical operation and 3,756 physiotherapy cases for the first half of the year.
Prof. Adjei, however, said in spite of the significant successes chalked in the course of the year, the multiple industrial actions by a section of the staff, the low health insurance tariffs and the continued deterioration of ageing facilities still remained major setbacks which resulted in heavy losses to the hospital.
He noted that though efforts had been made to address some of the challenges, their constant occurrence posed serious danger to efforts to improve operations and appealed to the
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief