At least 39 people died after a tourist bus crashed
through a guard rail in southern Italy Sunday evening, local media reported.
The accident happened near the city of Avellino in Campania region at around 08:30 p.m. local time (1830 GMT), when a bus carrying 48 tourists from nearby towns ran over some cars.
Local police told Italian television RAI news that 39 passengers were killed, including several children.
The driver was reported to be among the dead, while nine others were seriously injured and being treated at local hospitals.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment