At least 39 people died after a tourist bus crashed
through a guard rail in southern Italy Sunday evening, local media reported.
The accident happened near the city of Avellino in Campania region at around 08:30 p.m. local time (1830 GMT), when a bus carrying 48 tourists from nearby towns ran over some cars.
Local police told Italian television RAI news that 39 passengers were killed, including several children.
The driver was reported to be among the dead, while nine others were seriously injured and being treated at local hospitals.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors