At least 39 people died after a tourist bus crashed
through a guard rail in southern Italy Sunday evening, local media reported.
The accident happened near the city of Avellino in Campania region at around 08:30 p.m. local time (1830 GMT), when a bus carrying 48 tourists from nearby towns ran over some cars.
Local police told Italian television RAI news that 39 passengers were killed, including several children.
The driver was reported to be among the dead, while nine others were seriously injured and being treated at local hospitals.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM