At least 39 people died after a tourist bus crashed
through a guard rail in southern Italy Sunday evening, local media reported.
The accident happened near the city of Avellino in Campania region at around 08:30 p.m. local time (1830 GMT), when a bus carrying 48 tourists from nearby towns ran over some cars.
Local police told Italian television RAI news that 39 passengers were killed, including several children.
The driver was reported to be among the dead, while nine others were seriously injured and being treated at local hospitals.
Most Popular Stories
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple Pay a Success