At least 39 people died after a tourist bus crashed
through a guard rail in southern Italy Sunday evening, local media reported.
The accident happened near the city of Avellino in Campania region at around 08:30 p.m. local time (1830 GMT), when a bus carrying 48 tourists from nearby towns ran over some cars.
Local police told Italian television RAI news that 39 passengers were killed, including several children.
The driver was reported to be among the dead, while nine others were seriously injured and being treated at local hospitals.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison