At least 39 people died after a tourist bus crashed
through a guard rail in southern Italy Sunday evening, local media reported.
The accident happened near the city of Avellino in Campania region at around 08:30 p.m. local time (1830 GMT), when a bus carrying 48 tourists from nearby towns ran over some cars.
Local police told Italian television RAI news that 39 passengers were killed, including several children.
The driver was reported to be among the dead, while nine others were seriously injured and being treated at local hospitals.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes