Virbhadra Singh said that not only Indians but even foreigners can avail this facility from any part of the world. It would also save time and money to be spent on travelling. He said this website would not only facilitate the staff of prisons department and judiciary but would also provide an easy access to general people regarding inmates of prisons and welfare activities taking place inside the prisons. He said that now the relatives and friends of prisons inmates can interact with them by utilizing video-conferencing facility.
He said that it was appreciable that some Courts are also utilizing this facility for granting judicial remands etc. He said that Government of
Virbhadra Singh said that the objective of Prisons department has changed from retribution and deterrence to correction and rehabilitation and now moving for reforms. Prisoners have to be reformed while undergoing sentence so that they could lead a normal life after their release, he said.
Chief Minister said that state government had taken many initiatives to bring reforms in the prisons. He said that government has declared one barrack each in six prisons of the state for
Virbhadra Singh said that computers were provided to all Jails in the State and data was uploaded after implementing e-Prison software. Doordarshan (DTH) facility has been provided to all Jail inmates and arrangements were being made for Yoga, Medical camps, Cultural programmes, spiritual discourses and legal aid camps. He said that music system were provided and PT, Jogging and Bhajans in Jails were introduced to reduce stress level of prisoners besides they were encouraged to pursue National Open School Programme, IGNOU and other skill development programmes.
He said that recently canteens have been established inside all Jails of the State. He said that sales were quite high in the Jail canteens and turn over of
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise