"Worldwide IT spending is projected to total
The 2.1 percentage point reduction mainly reflects the impact of recent fluctuations in US dollar exchange rates of which, growth in constant currency is forecast at 3.5 per cent for 2013, down only slightly from last quarter.
"Exchange rate movements and a reduction in our 2013 forecast for devices account for the bulk of the downward revision of the 2013 growth," said
"Regionally, 2013 constant-currency spending growth in most regions has been lowered. However, western
The forecast for spending on devices in 2013 has been revised down from 7.9 per cent growth in
The decline in personal computer sales, recorded in the first quarter of 2013, continued into the second quarter with little recovery expected during the second half of 2013.
While new devices are set to hit the market in the second half of 2013, they will fail to compensate for the underlying weakness of the traditional PC market.
The outlook for tablet revenue for 2013 is for growth of 2.8 per cent, while mobile phone revenue is projected to rise 7.4 per cent this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws