Notice of proposed rulemaking.
CFR Part: "18 CFR Part 40"
Citation: "78 FR 45479"
Document Number: "Docket No. RM13-11-000"
SUMMARY: The Commission proposes to approve Reliability Standard BAL-003-1 (Frequency Response and Frequency Bias Setting), submitted by the
EFFECTIVE DATE: Comments are due
ADDRESSES: Comments, identified by docket number, may be filed in the following ways:
* Electronic Filing through http://www.ferc.gov. Documents created electronically using word processing software should be filed in native applications or print-to-PDF format and not in a scanned format.
* Mail/Hand Delivery: Those unable to file electronically may mail or hand-deliver comments to:
Instructions: For detailed instructions on submitting comments and additional information on the rulemaking process, see the Comment Procedures Section of this document.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Table of Contents
I. Background 6
A. Section 215 of the FPA 6
B. Procedural History 7
C. Frequency Response and Frequency 10
II. NERC Petition 13
A. Proposed Reliability Standard 15
B. Implementation Plan 20
III. Discussion 22
A. Use of the "Median" in Determining 24
the Frequency Response Measure
B. Determination of Interconnection 28
Frequency Response Obligation
1. Eastern Interconnection--Prevailing
UFLS First Step 29
2. Western Interconnection--Largest
N-2 Event 31
C. Methods for Obtaining Frequency 33
D. Premature Withdrawal of Primary 35
E. Light-Load Case Study 39
F. Assignment of Violation Risk 42
Factors and Violation Severity Levels
G. Supporting/Associated Documents 45
IV. Information Collection Statement 47
V. Environmental Analysis 55
VI. Regulatory Flexibility Act 56
VII. Comment Procedures 58
VIII. Document Availability 62
Most Popular Stories
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Unjustified?: Justin Timberlake's Grammy snub