Branded as 'CEEFED', the federation will sell computers and accessories to government departments and cooperatives in the state. For this, Consumerfed will set up
The federation is diversifying its activities by entering many new areas like food processing, mineral water production, roadside eateries, coconut oil production, retail management and pharmacy education and clinical laboratory.
"Consumerfed is currently into mineral water marketing, and as it became popular, we are entering mineral water production too. At Mayannur in Thrissur district,Consumerfed will set up a mineral water plant with a daily capacity of 30,000 litres and will sell this for
Other plans include setting up of temperature-controlled warehouses at Wadakkancherry in Thrissur district, Mathil in Kannur district and Pookkattupady in Ernakulam district to store vegetables and groceries sourced directly from farmers in
During the current fiscal year, Consumerfed will open 1,500 Nanma stores, 500 Neethi medical stores and 50 Triveni supermarkets, either directly or through cooperative societies, he added.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Atlanta, San Jose
- Delta: No Voice Calls on our Planes
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Housing Starts Soared in November
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- China Provokes Bitcoin Crash