COVINA -- It was a night of music and hot rods at Covina Park on Saturday.
Oldies Night returned for a third time this year to the city. Childhood actor Rodney Allen Rippy was the special guest.
Keeping the crowd entertained and some moving on the dance floor was a musical lineup featuring blues rock band Chico's Bail Bonds, Charlie Ray and Linda Washington featuring '50s and '60s music, Better than Blue with music from the '70s, and The California Sun featuring So Cal surf music.
A canned food drive was held in conjunction with the concert to benefit the food pantries of First Presbyterian Church of Covina and Foothill Vineyard Church in San Dimas.
Bright chrome glistened throughout the rows of classic, custom and hot rods on display during the event.
All proceeds from the car entry fees collected will benefit the Covina Yellow Ribbon Program.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March