COVINA -- It was a night of music and hot rods at Covina Park on Saturday.
Oldies Night returned for a third time this year to the city. Childhood actor Rodney Allen Rippy was the special guest.
Keeping the crowd entertained and some moving on the dance floor was a musical lineup featuring blues rock band Chico's Bail Bonds, Charlie Ray and Linda Washington featuring '50s and '60s music, Better than Blue with music from the '70s, and The California Sun featuring So Cal surf music.
A canned food drive was held in conjunction with the concert to benefit the food pantries of First Presbyterian Church of Covina and Foothill Vineyard Church in San Dimas.
Bright chrome glistened throughout the rows of classic, custom and hot rods on display during the event.
All proceeds from the car entry fees collected will benefit the Covina Yellow Ribbon Program.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today