COVINA -- It was a night of music and hot rods at Covina Park on Saturday.
Oldies Night returned for a third time this year to the city. Childhood actor Rodney Allen Rippy was the special guest.
Keeping the crowd entertained and some moving on the dance floor was a musical lineup featuring blues rock band Chico's Bail Bonds, Charlie Ray and Linda Washington featuring '50s and '60s music, Better than Blue with music from the '70s, and The California Sun featuring So Cal surf music.
A canned food drive was held in conjunction with the concert to benefit the food pantries of First Presbyterian Church of Covina and Foothill Vineyard Church in San Dimas.
Bright chrome glistened throughout the rows of classic, custom and hot rods on display during the event.
All proceeds from the car entry fees collected will benefit the Covina Yellow Ribbon Program.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.