COVINA -- It was a night of music and hot rods at Covina Park on Saturday.
Oldies Night returned for a third time this year to the city. Childhood actor Rodney Allen Rippy was the special guest.
Keeping the crowd entertained and some moving on the dance floor was a musical lineup featuring blues rock band Chico's Bail Bonds, Charlie Ray and Linda Washington featuring '50s and '60s music, Better than Blue with music from the '70s, and The California Sun featuring So Cal surf music.
A canned food drive was held in conjunction with the concert to benefit the food pantries of First Presbyterian Church of Covina and Foothill Vineyard Church in San Dimas.
Bright chrome glistened throughout the rows of classic, custom and hot rods on display during the event.
All proceeds from the car entry fees collected will benefit the Covina Yellow Ribbon Program.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA