COVINA -- It was a night of music and hot rods at Covina Park on Saturday.
Oldies Night returned for a third time this year to the city. Childhood actor Rodney Allen Rippy was the special guest.
Keeping the crowd entertained and some moving on the dance floor was a musical lineup featuring blues rock band Chico's Bail Bonds, Charlie Ray and Linda Washington featuring '50s and '60s music, Better than Blue with music from the '70s, and The California Sun featuring So Cal surf music.
A canned food drive was held in conjunction with the concert to benefit the food pantries of First Presbyterian Church of Covina and Foothill Vineyard Church in San Dimas.
Bright chrome glistened throughout the rows of classic, custom and hot rods on display during the event.
All proceeds from the car entry fees collected will benefit the Covina Yellow Ribbon Program.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight