It was reported in TOI on
Establishment of state innovation councils is a major project of the UPA government at Centre and the initiative is led by the Gujarati technocrat-cum-entrepreneur
"The council will also have sectoral experts and non-official members from different walks of life as may be nominated by the state government from time to time,'' the GR states.
The objective of the council will be to provide a platform for enriching ideas and knowledge base for the government and the society at large. It will aim to develop and recommend enabling policies, concrete strategies and action plans for creating an innovation friendly ecosystem for facilitating innovation efforts in individual and collective pursuits of excellence.
It will also facilitate creation of an inclusive model of innovation which will further improve public service delivery through e-governance and generate new opportunities in key areas such as health, nutrition, agriculture, animal husbandry, education, energy, transport and housing while also trying to do justice to areas such as information and communication technology, biotechnology and nanotechnology.
The council will support the government to give incentives for innovation, encourage talent at individual as well as institutional level and help create innovation eco-systems. explore opportunities for innovation, reward talent and disseminate success stories besides organizing seminars, workshops and discourses on innovation.
It will create an innovation portal towards furthering awareness, organize risk capitals for promoting entrepreneurship besides an innovation roadmap for the next decade.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets