July 29--Azerbaijani mugam (national Azerbaijani music) singer Alim Gasimov will be joining an Iranian band to perform at a concert at the 49th International Festival of Carthage in Tunis, Mehr news agency reported.
The concert has been scheduled for August 3 at the festival, which is currently underway in Tunisia. The festival will run until August 17.
Mugam or Mugamats are sets of musical scales and characteristic melodic elements, or motives, and traditional patterns for their use, forming a system for the melodic and tonal development of performances in East music.
Alim Gasimov is one of the foremost mugam singers in Azerbaijan. He was awarded the International Music Council-UNESCO Music Prize in 1999, one of the highest international accolades for music.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at firstname.lastname@example.org
(c)2013 Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan)
Visit Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan) at en.trend.az
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low