July 29--Azerbaijani mugam (national Azerbaijani music) singer Alim Gasimov will be joining an Iranian band to perform at a concert at the 49th International Festival of Carthage in Tunis, Mehr news agency reported.
The concert has been scheduled for August 3 at the festival, which is currently underway in Tunisia. The festival will run until August 17.
Mugam or Mugamats are sets of musical scales and characteristic melodic elements, or motives, and traditional patterns for their use, forming a system for the melodic and tonal development of performances in East music.
Alim Gasimov is one of the foremost mugam singers in Azerbaijan. He was awarded the International Music Council-UNESCO Music Prize in 1999, one of the highest international accolades for music.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at email@example.com
(c)2013 Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan)
Visit Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan) at en.trend.az
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly