1 AMANDA Redman was born on August 12, 1957 in Brighton and trained at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
2 HER first TV role was in 1979's Turning Year Tales and in 1984 she appeared in the BBC Shakespeare series production of Pericles, Prince Of Tyre, before becoming a household name in 90s.
3 SHE was married to Hustle actor Robert Glenister from 1984 to 1992. She's been married to second husband Damian Schnabel, who is 15 years her junior, since 2010.
4 FELLOW TV royalty Sheila Hancock, Ray Winstone, right, and Sylvia Syms are all supporters of Redman's Artists' Theatre School.
5 REDMAN starred alongside Winstone in the feature film Sexy Beast, playing Deedee Dove in the black comedy about a retired gangster.
6 THE actress is a football fan, supporting Coventry City FC. She played the wife of a hapless international coach in mock documentary Mike Bassett England: Manager.
7 IN June 2006, she performed in Children''s Party at the Palace as Cruella DeVil for the Queen's 80th birthday.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party