A representative for rapper DMX says he passed a breathalyzer test and was
quickly released after a traffic stop in South Carolina Friday.
The celebrity website TMZ reported the arrest. In a written statement given to MTV News, the representative said DMX, born Earl Simmons, was only charged in Greenville County with driving without a license.
"Allegations about DMX being arrested for drunk driving are false. He was arrested early this morning but quickly released. X was given a breathalyzer test and easily passed it," the statement said.
DMX was arrested on a similar charge in February.
"He is back at his home in South Carolina and we are continuing our focus on his upcoming album and acting roles," the representative said.
DMX, 42, who grew up in Yonkers, N.Y., has a history of arrests.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia