A representative for rapper DMX says he passed a breathalyzer test and was
quickly released after a traffic stop in South Carolina Friday.
The celebrity website TMZ reported the arrest. In a written statement given to MTV News, the representative said DMX, born Earl Simmons, was only charged in Greenville County with driving without a license.
"Allegations about DMX being arrested for drunk driving are false. He was arrested early this morning but quickly released. X was given a breathalyzer test and easily passed it," the statement said.
DMX was arrested on a similar charge in February.
"He is back at his home in South Carolina and we are continuing our focus on his upcoming album and acting roles," the representative said.
DMX, 42, who grew up in Yonkers, N.Y., has a history of arrests.
Most Popular Stories
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut