A representative for rapper DMX says he passed a breathalyzer test and was
quickly released after a traffic stop in South Carolina Friday.
The celebrity website TMZ reported the arrest. In a written statement given to MTV News, the representative said DMX, born Earl Simmons, was only charged in Greenville County with driving without a license.
"Allegations about DMX being arrested for drunk driving are false. He was arrested early this morning but quickly released. X was given a breathalyzer test and easily passed it," the statement said.
DMX was arrested on a similar charge in February.
"He is back at his home in South Carolina and we are continuing our focus on his upcoming album and acting roles," the representative said.
DMX, 42, who grew up in Yonkers, N.Y., has a history of arrests.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Liverpool Sells Luis Suarez to Barcelona