A representative for rapper DMX says he passed a breathalyzer test and was
quickly released after a traffic stop in South Carolina Friday.
The celebrity website TMZ reported the arrest. In a written statement given to MTV News, the representative said DMX, born Earl Simmons, was only charged in Greenville County with driving without a license.
"Allegations about DMX being arrested for drunk driving are false. He was arrested early this morning but quickly released. X was given a breathalyzer test and easily passed it," the statement said.
DMX was arrested on a similar charge in February.
"He is back at his home in South Carolina and we are continuing our focus on his upcoming album and acting roles," the representative said.
DMX, 42, who grew up in Yonkers, N.Y., has a history of arrests.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida