July 27--TROY -- The RedEyes rocked the trackside stage Friday at the Troy Fair.
The group is made up of Tyler Allen, Nate Wiles, Jay Root, Jake Brennan, and Garrett Foster. Chris Seymour is soundman.
The Maple Festival Battle of the Bands winner moved effortlessly between musical eras, performing a variety of songs such as Men at Work's "Land Down Under" and more modern ones like Sublime's "What I Got."
And it was clear that was this group of 22- and 23-year-olds has got is talent.
The hardworking band members shared singing duties and a couple even pitched in on the drums.
"We all kind of know everyone's instruments," said Wiles. He wielded a harmonica like a lethal weapon on several songs, delivering a powerful accompaniment.
He said it's a love of music and friendships that keep them together. He said they are like a jam band.
Other songs performed by the band Friday included some original music, as well as Tom Petty's "Mary Jane's Last Dance" and Phish's "Down with Disease."
The band members are 2008 graduates of Athens Area High School.
They will be playing at the Sullivan County Fair Grounds for the "A Taste Full Event" today, July 27.
Today at the fair, look for the band Natural High, which will be performing free shows trackside at 12:30 p.m., 4 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.
Eric Hrin can be reached at (570) 297-5251; email: email@example.com.
(c)2013 The Daily Review (Towanda, Pa.)
Visit The Daily Review (Towanda, Pa.) at thedailyreview.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs