PORTLAND -- New England Celtic Arts will present Isabeau and the Gold Diggers on Tuesday, Aug. 6, at St. Lawrence Arts; Wednesday, Aug. 7, at Skye Theatre Performing Arts Center; Thursday, Aug. 8, at Deertrees Theatre; and Friday, Aug. 9, at Route 27 Arts. Curtain is 7 p.m. at each venue except Deertrees which is at 7:30 p.m.
Isabeau and the Gold Diggers is a quintet that offers their own style of country music that reveals a personal background of romance, travel and everyday life. Carried by the vocal harmonies, mandolin or violin, the band's music is timeless. It is old-time music with a Quebecois/Acadian/Cajun twist.
The band will be featured in a TV Ontario documentary about an artist's life on the road with a behind-the-scenes look at touring internationally. A four-member crew will film during the concerts at St. Lawrence and Skye Theatre.
Tickets $15 at all locations except Deertrees, $22. St. Lawrence Arts is at 76 Congress Street, Portland, 207-775-5568. Skye Theater is at 2 Highland Drive, South Carthage, 207-562-4445. Deertrees Theatre is at 156 Deertrees Road, Harrison, 207-583-6747. Route 27 Arts is at 88 Main St., Stratton, 207-264-2300.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'