Chromecast is a 2-in. device that uses a simplified version of Chrome OS and plugs into the rear of a television set's HDMI port,
The device goes on sale online today on Google Play,
A Google blog post on Chromecast notes that it works with
Chromecast also allows remote control of TV sets from Android tablets and smartphones, iPhones, iPads, Chrome for Mac and Windows and Chrome for Chromebook Pixel.
After the event,
A third Nexus 7 version with 32 GB that will run over LTE will cost
The Nexus 7 offers double the pixels used in the original Nexus 7, which was released a year ago. The new device has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels compared to 1280 x 800 pixels in the original model.
With that screen resolution and a fast Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, clocked at 1.5 GHz, and stereo sound,
A textbook rental service in Google Play will be launched in August,
The high screen resolution in the new Nexus 7 will help the device better compete against Apple's iPad mini, a 7.9-in. device, said
With the Nexus 7's high resolution, the
The Android update also supports Bluetooth Smart technology (also known as Bluetooth Low Energy) to help connect Android devices to fitness sensors worn on a person's body. Android 4.3 begins rolling out to other Nexus devices today and soon to the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone and more devices.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod