The worldwide mobile phone market grew 6.0 percent year over year in the second quarter to 432.1 million phones, according to IDC. The Q2 total was also slightly higher than the 428.8 million units shipped in the first quarter of 2013. Growth was led by several smaller vendors, such as
Samsung continued to lead the overall market, shipping an estimated 113.4 million phones for a 26.2 percent market share, up from 23.9 percent a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts