July 27--CNN Films announced Friday that it has acquired the documentary "Sole Survivor" and plans to air it in early 2014 after it debuts in theaters.
The feature-length film profiles survivors of commercial plane crashes --including Cecelia Cichan, who lived through the 1987 Northwest Airlines Flight 255 crash near Detroit Metropolitan Airport when she was 4 years old.
The movie will be screened Saturday as a pre-festival event at the Traverse City Film Festival.
"Sole Survivor" director-writer Ky Dickens told the Detroit Free Press earlier this year that Cichan sought out the project's team.
"She chose this film as the platform to tell her story. I think she found comfort in being a part of 'Sole Survivor' because she wasn't singled out; she was part of a larger group of survivors. I think that's why this film is relevant to the Detroit community. It's Cecelia's handpicked way of finally introducing herself to the thousands who have wondered about her, thought about her and prayed for her over the years."
(c)2013 the Detroit Free Press
Visit the Detroit Free Press at www.freep.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11