Toyota Motor Corp released figures Friday showing it was still the world's top-selling carmaker, with the company and its subsidiaries selling 4.91 million vehicles in the first half of this year.
The group's total sales volume edged down 1.2 per cent from a year earlier in the January-to-June period, however overseas sales rose 2.4 per cent to 3.74 million units partly due to a strong showing in the United States.
The Toyota group's sales beat General Motors Co of the United States with 4.85 million units and Volkswagen AG with 4.7 million over the same period.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States