Toyota Motor Corp released figures Friday showing it was still the world's top-selling carmaker, with the company and its subsidiaries selling 4.91 million vehicles in the first half of this year.
The group's total sales volume edged down 1.2 per cent from a year earlier in the January-to-June period, however overseas sales rose 2.4 per cent to 3.74 million units partly due to a strong showing in the United States.
The Toyota group's sales beat General Motors Co of the United States with 4.85 million units and Volkswagen AG with 4.7 million over the same period.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low