Sales of smartphones drove profits at South Korean electronics giant Samsung Electronics Co up to 7.8 trillion won (6.96 billion US dollars) in the second quarter, an increase of almost 50
per cent year on year, the company said Friday.
Revenue at the world's largest maker of memory chips, televisions and mobile phones rose 21 per cent to 57.46 trillion won.
Samsung said it expected growth in the smartphone market to continue in the third quarter "although at a slightly reduced pace." Some investors have expressed fears that the market is becoming saturated.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say