Sales of smartphones drove profits at South Korean electronics giant Samsung Electronics Co up to 7.8 trillion won (6.96 billion US dollars) in the second quarter, an increase of almost 50
per cent year on year, the company said Friday.
Revenue at the world's largest maker of memory chips, televisions and mobile phones rose 21 per cent to 57.46 trillion won.
Samsung said it expected growth in the smartphone market to continue in the third quarter "although at a slightly reduced pace." Some investors have expressed fears that the market is becoming saturated.
Most Popular Stories
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release