Sales of smartphones drove profits at South Korean electronics giant Samsung Electronics Co up to 7.8 trillion won (6.96 billion US dollars) in the second quarter, an increase of almost 50
per cent year on year, the company said Friday.
Revenue at the world's largest maker of memory chips, televisions and mobile phones rose 21 per cent to 57.46 trillion won.
Samsung said it expected growth in the smartphone market to continue in the third quarter "although at a slightly reduced pace." Some investors have expressed fears that the market is becoming saturated.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project