MTV will become Miley Television this fall.
The 20-year-old actress-singer is getting a one-hour documentary -- not yet titled -- on the music network. The announcement was made Friday by MTV Programming President Susanne Daniels at the annual Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Cameras will follow Miley Cyrus as she works on her new album, which is due out later this year.
Her current single, "We Can't Stop," is No. 2 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
Miley Cyrus was the star of Disney's "Hannah Montana" for four seasons. The series' finale aired in January 2011.
Alicia Rancilio covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her online at http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007