MTV will become Miley Television this fall.
The 20-year-old actress-singer is getting a one-hour documentary -- not yet titled -- on the music network. The announcement was made Friday by MTV Programming President Susanne Daniels at the annual Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Cameras will follow Miley Cyrus as she works on her new album, which is due out later this year.
Her current single, "We Can't Stop," is No. 2 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
Miley Cyrus was the star of Disney's "Hannah Montana" for four seasons. The series' finale aired in January 2011.
Alicia Rancilio covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her online at http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device