MTV will become Miley Television this fall.
The 20-year-old actress-singer is getting a one-hour documentary -- not yet titled -- on the music network. The announcement was made Friday by MTV Programming President Susanne Daniels at the annual Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Cameras will follow Miley Cyrus as she works on her new album, which is due out later this year.
Her current single, "We Can't Stop," is No. 2 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
Miley Cyrus was the star of Disney's "Hannah Montana" for four seasons. The series' finale aired in January 2011.
Alicia Rancilio covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her online at http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Yemen Attack Kills 52