By BETH HARRIS
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Meghan McCain is getting her own show on a new TV network targeting the generation of Americans known as millennials.
"Raising McCain" will debut on Pivot, a general entertainment network that launches Aug. 1. It's described as a documentary-talk series for viewers ages 15 to 34. McCain will star and will be the executive producer.
The 28-year-old author and blogger told the Television Critics Association on Friday that the show lets her "be crazy, be (herself) and talk about issues."
McCain says her 76-year-old father, Sen. John McCain, has already seen a highlight reel of her show. She says he's a champion of the show and believes that younger people want more substance.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid