The Lincoln Memorial in Washington was shut down Friday after being splashed
with green paint, U.S. Park Police said.
A patrol officer found paint on parts of the statue of Abraham Lincoln and the floor of the memorial about 1:20 a.m., The Washington Post reported.
Authorities said they were reviewing surveillance footage in their investigating of the vandalism.
The National Park Service said the memorial would be closed until the paint is removed.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- Citigroup Close to $7 Billion Deal in Mortgage Probe