The Lincoln Memorial in Washington was shut down Friday after being splashed
with green paint, U.S. Park Police said.
A patrol officer found paint on parts of the statue of Abraham Lincoln and the floor of the memorial about 1:20 a.m., The Washington Post reported.
Authorities said they were reviewing surveillance footage in their investigating of the vandalism.
The National Park Service said the memorial would be closed until the paint is removed.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder