The Lincoln Memorial in Washington was shut down Friday after being splashed
with green paint, U.S. Park Police said.
A patrol officer found paint on parts of the statue of Abraham Lincoln and the floor of the memorial about 1:20 a.m., The Washington Post reported.
Authorities said they were reviewing surveillance footage in their investigating of the vandalism.
The National Park Service said the memorial would be closed until the paint is removed.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists