The Lincoln Memorial in Washington was shut down Friday after being splashed
with green paint, U.S. Park Police said.
A patrol officer found paint on parts of the statue of Abraham Lincoln and the floor of the memorial about 1:20 a.m., The Washington Post reported.
Authorities said they were reviewing surveillance footage in their investigating of the vandalism.
The National Park Service said the memorial would be closed until the paint is removed.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine