It may not be the most stylish smartphone on the market, but when it comes to price, the Huawei Ascend
The phone, which only comes in black, is simple and has few bells and whistles. But, it offers most of the amenities cell users are seeking.
It has an Android 2.3 interface, a 1GhZ CPU, 512 MB ROM and 256 MB RAM, 3.5-inch display screen and a two mega-pixel camera.
The operating system of the
The cheap cost may entice buyers, but inevitably the phone does have several drawbacks.
For starters, the internal memory is only 18 MB. After downloading a few apps and snapping a couple pictures, you'll either have to buy an SD memory card or start deleting.
In addition, it has a smaller screen and bulkier body than most sleek new smartphones. It also only has one camera. So, if you primarily use your phone for taking well-framed selfies or
So far, however, Kenyans are responding with great enthusiasm for the phone. After only being on the Kenyan market for three months, the
"We sold about 200 in three days from our location," says
A new stock of the
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses