Israeli’s Sol-Chip has developed an everlasting solar battery that can power mobile and remote devices continuously using energy from the sun.
The implications of an everlasting solar battery can’t be emphasized enough. Currently, devices in the agricultural, , medical, and security industries, not to mention just about everything else on our hyper-connected planet, requires batteries.
Inevitably the batteries wear out and they have to be replaced. This requires time, costs money, and pollutes the environment.
“Sol Chip's Everlasting Solar Battery harvests light energy to power billions of individual appliances,” according to the company literature.
“Through its innovative IP,
The solar battery’s current output is just 8.4 volts of power, which can be to run outdoor devices such as sensors used in agricultural or livestock applications.
Normally very expensive to maintain since the batteries lose juice, these devices would be able to operate autonomously, freeing funds and sparing the environment.
“Sol-Chip is already working with
While solar cells exist, the company claims that theirs is the very first solar battery that can provide outputs in varying voltages.
So far Sol-Chip has raised
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- WTO Makes Progress on Trade Deal
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data