Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Military Electronic Equipment and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML)
CFR Part: "15 CFR Part 774"
RIN Number: "RIN 0694-AF64"
Citation: "78 FR 45026"
Document Number: "Docket No. 120330233-3326-02"
SUMMARY: This is the second proposed rule to describe how military electronics and certain superconducting and cryogenic equipment and related items the President determines no longer warrant control under the United States Munitions List (USML) would be controlled on the Commerce Control List (CCL). This proposed rule also would amend ECCNs 7A001 and 7A101 to apply the "missile technology" reason for control only to items in those ECCNs on the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) Annex.
This action is one in a planned series of proposed rules that would implement the Administration's Export Control Reform Initiative by describing how certain types of articles would be controlled on the CCL after the President determines that the articles no longer warrant USML control. This proposed rule is being published in conjunction with a proposed rule from the
The revisions proposed in this rule are part of Commerce's retrospective plan under EO 13563 completed in
EFFECTIVE DATE: Comments must be received by
ADDRESSES: You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
* By the Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. The identification number for this rulemaking is BIS-2012-0045.
* By email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include RIN 0694-AF64 in the subject line.
* By mail or delivery to Regulatory Policy Division,
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
The Export Control Reform Initiative
This proposed rule is part of the Administration's Export Control Reform Initiative, the objective of which is to protect and enhance U.S. national security interests. The Initiative began in
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum