FARMINGTON -- Rap musician Devin Ferreira returns to Farmington on Saturday for a show, one filmed for his musical video, "Hometown."
Ferreira, who grew up in New Sharon, will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at the Emery Community Arts Center on the campus of the University of Maine at Farmington.
Ferreira combines rap and saxophone. The music program and RSU 9 teachers inspired him to pursue a music career.
By day, Ferreira teaches music at the Boys and Girls Club in Boston, where he works with inner-city youths five days a week. By night, he performs around the Boston area.
The Internet has expanded his audience. One video went viral in Farmington, he said in June when he started a scholarship program and presented the first one to a Mt. Blue High School senior.
Ferreira wants to include local people and represent the things he loves about his hometown for this video.
"I want them to support me first. That's where it all began," he previously said.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down