FARMINGTON -- Rap musician Devin Ferreira returns to Farmington on Saturday for a show, one filmed for his musical video, "Hometown."
Ferreira, who grew up in New Sharon, will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at the Emery Community Arts Center on the campus of the University of Maine at Farmington.
Ferreira combines rap and saxophone. The music program and RSU 9 teachers inspired him to pursue a music career.
By day, Ferreira teaches music at the Boys and Girls Club in Boston, where he works with inner-city youths five days a week. By night, he performs around the Boston area.
The Internet has expanded his audience. One video went viral in Farmington, he said in June when he started a scholarship program and presented the first one to a Mt. Blue High School senior.
Ferreira wants to include local people and represent the things he loves about his hometown for this video.
"I want them to support me first. That's where it all began," he previously said.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks