Media mogul and actress Oprah Winfrey has been booked as a guest on "Late Show with David Letterman" in New York, CBS announced Thursday.
Winfrey is to appear on the Aug. 1 edition of the late-night chat program to promote her new movie, "Lee Daniels' The Butler."
This will mark her second visit to "Late Show."
"Prior to her 2005 appearance, Letterman had expressed his long-standing desire to have Ms. Winfrey as a guest on the show," CBS said in a news release.
"Her 'Late Show' visit on Dec. 1, 2005, coincided with the red carpet premiere for the Broadway musical 'The Color Purple,' which she produced. With fans and media cheering on, Letterman famously escorted Ms. Winfrey after the interview taping down Broadway to The Broadway Theatre, directly across the street from the Ed Sullivan Theater, to the musical's premiere."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March