Media mogul and actress Oprah Winfrey has been booked as a guest on "Late Show with David Letterman" in New York, CBS announced Thursday.
Winfrey is to appear on the Aug. 1 edition of the late-night chat program to promote her new movie, "Lee Daniels' The Butler."
This will mark her second visit to "Late Show."
"Prior to her 2005 appearance, Letterman had expressed his long-standing desire to have Ms. Winfrey as a guest on the show," CBS said in a news release.
"Her 'Late Show' visit on Dec. 1, 2005, coincided with the red carpet premiere for the Broadway musical 'The Color Purple,' which she produced. With fans and media cheering on, Letterman famously escorted Ms. Winfrey after the interview taping down Broadway to The Broadway Theatre, directly across the street from the Ed Sullivan Theater, to the musical's premiere."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day