Around 1,262 people have been killed since the beginning of Ramadan, as
a result of the clashes among Syria's security forces and armed opposition,
"Anadolu" agency reported on Thursday.
It is reported that about 107 children and 100 women are among the dead. Moreover, around 442 members of the armed opposition were killed during the clashes.
The greatest number of dead in the month of Ramadan falls to the cities of Damask, Aleppo, Idlib and Deraa.
The clashes between government forces and the armed opposition in Syria have been continuing for more than two years. According to UN statistics, the total number of victims of the conflict in Syria is more than 100,000 people. The Syrian authorities say that they are opposed by well-armed militants.
(c)2013 Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan)
Visit Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan) at en.trend.az
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say