July 25--Not scared enough by "The Conjuring"? Chad Calek -- a frequent guest on A&E's "Paranormal State" -- presents his documentary "A Blood Red Sky," about a supernatural experiment in England gone (potentially) horribly wrong Tuesday at the Times Theater, 5906 W. Vliet St.
Tickets for the movie, which starts at 9 p.m., are $15. A $30 package includes a post-movie Q&A and photos with the cast; a $75 package also includes a "paranormal evidence presentation."
For info, go to timescinema.com.
Allis goes Hawaiian with 'Waikiki Wedding'
If you love the ukulele, blame it on Bing Crosby and "Waikiki Wedding" -- the 1937 musical is often credited with popularizing Hawaiian music, especially with the Oscar-winning song "Sweet Leilani."
The movie is showing at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Charles Allis Art Museum, 1801 N. Prospect Ave. Admission is $7; $5 for seniors, members of the military and students; free for museum members and kids 12 and younger.
A whale of a puppet show at the Rosebud
Now here's a fish story you don't hear everyday: The Rosebud Theater has landed "Moby Dick," Milwaukee filmmaker Ryan Lowe and Lone Wolf Entertainment's take on Melville's classic story -- using puppets.
The comedy, filmed and produced in Milwaukee, is showing at 9:30 p.m. Thursday, and 10 a.m. Aug. 3-4 at the Rosebud, 6823 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa. For info and a trailer, go to lonewolfcomedy.com.
Immortal Dead concert movie on the big screen
On Aug. 27, 1972, the Grateful Dead played a concert in Oregon to benefit fellow traveler Ken Kesey's Springfield Creamery. The result, "Sunshine Daydream," is showing on the big screen at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at theaters nationwide, including Marcus Theatres' Hillside, Majestic, Menomonee Falls, Ridge, South Shore and Saukville cinemas.
For info, go to www.fathomevents.com/.
(c)2013 the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Visit the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel at www.jsonline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu