Jimmy Fallon announced on "Late Night" in New York he and his wife Nancy have
named their new daughter Winnie Rose.
Fallon married the producer in 2007. Their first child was born Tuesday.
"I'm the father of a beautiful baby girl. Her name is Winnie Rose Fallon and she's so cute. She's 5 pounds, 9 ounces. Me and my wife are so happy," Fallon said during the monologue for his show Wednesday. "Thank you all for all the well-wishes on Facebook and Twitter and the blogs. I'm just so happy."
The comedian and talk-show host is to take over "The Tonight Show" from Jay Leno next year.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos