Jimmy Fallon announced on "Late Night" in New York he and his wife Nancy have
named their new daughter Winnie Rose.
Fallon married the producer in 2007. Their first child was born Tuesday.
"I'm the father of a beautiful baby girl. Her name is Winnie Rose Fallon and she's so cute. She's 5 pounds, 9 ounces. Me and my wife are so happy," Fallon said during the monologue for his show Wednesday. "Thank you all for all the well-wishes on Facebook and Twitter and the blogs. I'm just so happy."
The comedian and talk-show host is to take over "The Tonight Show" from Jay Leno next year.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say