Williams has worked as CEO or chairman of several category-defining technology companies, funded by some of the most successful venture capital firms in the world. Most recently, Williams was chairman of Hyperic, a leader in open source systems management software for the ever-expanding web, SaaS and cloud applications and infrastructures, and chairman of Altor Networks, a provider of security for virtual data centers and the cloud.
Prior to that, Williams was CEO of Wily Technology, the leader in Web application management, which was acquired by CA. Earlier, he was CEO of Illustra Information Technologies, a pioneer of object relational database technology. Williams then co-founded and served as chairman of
Williams' executive leadership experience began at IBM, where he held a variety of sales, marketing, product and business management roles, including vice president for the company's Data Systems and General Products divisions, during a tenure that spanned more than 22 years. He then served as president and CEO of
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets