US Airways Group Inc. reported its largest-ever
quarterly profit Wednesday at 409 million dollars in pretax earnings.
Revenue increased 2.9 per cent to 3.9 billion dollars compared to last quarter.
About 90 per cent of domestic flights now offer customers in-flight wireless access after the completed installation of internet service on its fleet of 270 Airbus A319, A320, A321 and Embraer 190 aircraft, along with 58 Embraer 170 and 175 aircraft operated by Republic Airlines as US Airways Express.
"This performance provides excellent momentum as we transition into the new American Airlines," US Airways chief Doug Parker said.
The company said it expects to close its merger with American Airlines in the third quarter. The deal was announced in February.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel