US Airways Group Inc. reported its largest-ever
quarterly profit Wednesday at 409 million dollars in pretax earnings.
Revenue increased 2.9 per cent to 3.9 billion dollars compared to last quarter.
About 90 per cent of domestic flights now offer customers in-flight wireless access after the completed installation of internet service on its fleet of 270 Airbus A319, A320, A321 and Embraer 190 aircraft, along with 58 Embraer 170 and 175 aircraft operated by Republic Airlines as US Airways Express.
"This performance provides excellent momentum as we transition into the new American Airlines," US Airways chief Doug Parker said.
The company said it expects to close its merger with American Airlines in the third quarter. The deal was announced in February.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English