The assignee for this patent, patent number 8489532, is
Reporters obtained the following quote from the background information supplied by the inventors: "This invention relates to methods and systems for analyzing data, and more particularly to methods and systems for aggregating, projecting, and releasing data.
"Currently, there exists a large variety of data sources, such as census data or movement data received from point-of-sale terminals, sample data received from manual surveys, panel data obtained from the inputs of consumers who are members of panels, fact data relating to products, sales, and many other facts associated with the sales and marketing efforts of an enterprise, and dimension data relating to dimensions along which an enterprise wishes to understand data, such as in order to analyze consumer behaviors, to predict likely outcomes of decisions relating to an enterprise's activities, and to project from sample sets of data to a larger universe. Conventional methods of synthesizing, aggregating, and exploring such a universe of data comprise techniques such as OLAP, which fix aggregation points along the dimensions of the universe in order to reduce the size and complexity of unified information sets such as OLAP stars. Exploration of the unified information sets can involve run-time queries and query-time projections, both of which are constrained in current methods by a priori decisions that must be made to project and aggregate the universe of data. In practice, going back and changing the a priori decisions can lift these constraints, but this requires an arduous and computationally complex restructuring and reprocessing of data.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Baucus May Be Next China Ambassador