Patent application serial number 780459 is assigned to
The following quote was obtained by the news editors from the background information supplied by the inventors: "The present invention generally relates to job execution and more particularly, to management of job execution when the jobs are scheduled from a source external system and executed on a target external system.
"Application containers such as Enterprise Solution Resource Planning (ERP) systems based on SAP,
"When submitting batch workload from an originating external system to be executed on a target external system, it is easy to overload the target system and reduce the job execution throughput scheduled from the originating system. The most usual cause is when jobs spawn several children jobs in the target external system, but the maximum number of processes able to run together is fixed in that target system. Moreover, in the target execution system, the management of the job execution queue decreases the overall efficiency and throughput. Some external systems can provide a simple load balancing but cannot manage a big amount of batch submissions.
"There is thus a need to control in external systems execution of jobs scheduled from one other external system.
"The U.S. Pat. No. 7,231,455 applies to controlling data packets by an external system. It uses a throttling mechanism to limit and control data packets. It is based on a cascaded pipeline architecture between the monitored relays. Data goes through this pipeline (of relays). The pipeline acts as a multilevel proxy between the source and destination. Both end points do not change their behaviors. Finally, it is 'time period' based. It calculates the amount of data flow in each time period and decides to limit data fan out.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill