"Jennifer Lopez: Her Life. Her Journey" fetched good numbers for NUVOtv on itsJuly 18 Night of Premieres, according to the English-language Hispanic television network.
In the lead-off slot, the Jennifer Lopez special debuted as the most-watched original program in the network's history. The special, executive produced by Lopez with Nuyorican Productions, beat out Bravo, Oxygen, WE, Style, and BBC America in Households, Total Viewers, and the critical Adults 18-49 demographic.
"We're pleased with the strong performances of our new programming and delighted with the exponential increase in new viewers," Michael Schwimmer, CEO of NUVOtv, said in a statement.
NUVOtv's lineup for the evening outperformed Galavision, mun2 and TR3S, delivering more impressions with Households, Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 in each primetime hour, according to a release.
The lineup included "A Step Away," a behind-the-scenes look at the lives of J.Lo's backup dancers on her world tour, and "House of Joy," a reality series featuring Grammy award-winning producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins and his wife, singer Joy Enriquez.
The Night of Premieres increased primetime viewership for NUVOtv by 260 percent over last year's primetime delivery, with individual shows displaying growth ranging from to 255 percent to 767 percent, according to the release.
The Night of Premieres delivered 625,000 total viewers, and received a 1.12 gross household coverage area rating.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline