"Jennifer Lopez: Her Life. Her Journey" fetched good numbers for NUVOtv on itsJuly 18 Night of Premieres, according to the English-language Hispanic television network.
In the lead-off slot, the Jennifer Lopez special debuted as the most-watched original program in the network's history. The special, executive produced by Lopez with Nuyorican Productions, beat out Bravo, Oxygen, WE, Style, and BBC America in Households, Total Viewers, and the critical Adults 18-49 demographic.
"We're pleased with the strong performances of our new programming and delighted with the exponential increase in new viewers," Michael Schwimmer, CEO of NUVOtv, said in a statement.
NUVOtv's lineup for the evening outperformed Galavision, mun2 and TR3S, delivering more impressions with Households, Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 in each primetime hour, according to a release.
The lineup included "A Step Away," a behind-the-scenes look at the lives of J.Lo's backup dancers on her world tour, and "House of Joy," a reality series featuring Grammy award-winning producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins and his wife, singer Joy Enriquez.
The Night of Premieres increased primetime viewership for NUVOtv by 260 percent over last year's primetime delivery, with individual shows displaying growth ranging from to 255 percent to 767 percent, according to the release.
The Night of Premieres delivered 625,000 total viewers, and received a 1.12 gross household coverage area rating.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?