According to the Controller General of Patents, Designs & Trade Marks, "Synthesized CNTs comprising of CNTs directly electro-deposited in pure form on wafer/substrates preferably selected from Si and Sn02 coated glass substrates. Also disclosed is the selective process for synthesis of carbon nanotubes by direct electrodeposition on substrates comprising electrolyting bath involving selectively acetonitrile (CH3CN) and water as the electrolyte. The above would provide for directly synthesized CNTs onto the wafer/substrate which would be simple and cost-effective. The manufacture of CNTs directly onto the wafer/substrate in the purest form which would be capable of industrial use and in particular large scale synthesis of CNTs by way of a simple and cost effective process. It would thus be possible for large scale synthesis of CNTs directly onto the Si and Sn02 coated glass substrates by way of a simple and cost effective electro deposition technique which can be importantly further used to achieve coating even on irregular surfaces. Carbon nanotubes are effective for use in flat panel displays and also in strategic areas using light weight and high impact resistance coatings. The synthesized carbon nanotubes of the invention can be applied as materials for sensor applications, materials for scanning probe microscope tips and light weight high strength materials for defense and space applications."
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag