- Rdio Kicked-Off Festivals Sponsorship with Faster Horses - LOS ANGELES, July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Live Nation Media and Sponsorship, the sponsorship and advertising division of Live Nation Entertainment, today announced Rdio as an official sponsor on LiveNation.com and the official streaming music sponsor at Live Nation's 2013 country music festivals. The festival partnership kicked off last weekend with Faster Horses and will continue with Watershed later this summer.
As part of Rdio's advertising program, they will be powering Ultimate Charts on LiveNation.com. Rdio's sponsorship also includes advertising to music fans at Live Nation venues across the country.
"Rdio shares our commitment to enhancing the music experience for fans," says Russell Wallach, president of Live Nation Media and Sponsorship. "We are delighted that they will be showcasing their services across LiveNation.com, in our venues, and at our country music festivals."
"The live music audience is a natural fit for streaming music," says Drew Larner, CEO of Rdio. "We're excited to work with the best in live entertainment as it gives us a chance to engage music fans before, during and after the show."
About Live Nation Entertainment:
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation Management and Live Nation Media/Sponsorship. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
Follow us @twitter.com/LiveNationInc
Rdio is the groundbreaking digital music service that is reinventing the way people discover, listen to, and share music. With on-demand access to over 20 million songs, Rdio connects people with music and makes it easy to search for and instantly play any song, album, artist, or playlist without ever hearing a single ad. Discover what friends, people with similar tastes, recording artists, and more are listening to in real-time and share across Twitter and Facebook. Build a digital music collection that's available everywhere -- on the web, in-home or in-car, on tablets or mobile phones, and even offline.
Launched in August 2010, Rdio is headquartered in San Francisco and was founded by Janus Friis, the co-creator of Skype. Currently available in 31 countries, Rdio is funded by Janus Friis through his investment entities, Atomico, and Skype. For more information and to sign up, visit www.rdio.com.
SOURCE Live Nation
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen