The Democratic Senate Majority PAC took aim at Minority Leader Mitch McConnell,
R-Ky., with an ad painting him as an obstructionist.
While Kentucky currently tilts far toward the Republicans, the Democrats believe McConnell could be vulnerable in next year's election, Roll Call reported. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is expected to open her campaign for the Democratic nomination next week.
"He calls himself the guardian of gridlock, grinding the Senate to a halt, even when it hurts Kentucky," the new Democratic commercial says.
Kentuckians for a Strong Leadership, a Republican Super PAC, has already run two commercials attacking Grimes. McConnell is also expected to have a challenger in the Republican primary, Matt Bevins, a businessman who could make an announcement Wednesday, The (Louisville) Courier-Journal reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs