The Democratic Senate Majority PAC took aim at Minority Leader Mitch McConnell,
R-Ky., with an ad painting him as an obstructionist.
While Kentucky currently tilts far toward the Republicans, the Democrats believe McConnell could be vulnerable in next year's election, Roll Call reported. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is expected to open her campaign for the Democratic nomination next week.
"He calls himself the guardian of gridlock, grinding the Senate to a halt, even when it hurts Kentucky," the new Democratic commercial says.
Kentuckians for a Strong Leadership, a Republican Super PAC, has already run two commercials attacking Grimes. McConnell is also expected to have a challenger in the Republican primary, Matt Bevins, a businessman who could make an announcement Wednesday, The (Louisville) Courier-Journal reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction