The Democratic Senate Majority PAC took aim at Minority Leader Mitch McConnell,
R-Ky., with an ad painting him as an obstructionist.
While Kentucky currently tilts far toward the Republicans, the Democrats believe McConnell could be vulnerable in next year's election, Roll Call reported. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is expected to open her campaign for the Democratic nomination next week.
"He calls himself the guardian of gridlock, grinding the Senate to a halt, even when it hurts Kentucky," the new Democratic commercial says.
Kentuckians for a Strong Leadership, a Republican Super PAC, has already run two commercials attacking Grimes. McConnell is also expected to have a challenger in the Republican primary, Matt Bevins, a businessman who could make an announcement Wednesday, The (Louisville) Courier-Journal reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips