The Democratic Senate Majority PAC took aim at Minority Leader Mitch McConnell,
R-Ky., with an ad painting him as an obstructionist.
While Kentucky currently tilts far toward the Republicans, the Democrats believe McConnell could be vulnerable in next year's election, Roll Call reported. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is expected to open her campaign for the Democratic nomination next week.
"He calls himself the guardian of gridlock, grinding the Senate to a halt, even when it hurts Kentucky," the new Democratic commercial says.
Kentuckians for a Strong Leadership, a Republican Super PAC, has already run two commercials attacking Grimes. McConnell is also expected to have a challenger in the Republican primary, Matt Bevins, a businessman who could make an announcement Wednesday, The (Louisville) Courier-Journal reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved