The Democratic Senate Majority PAC took aim at Minority Leader Mitch McConnell,
R-Ky., with an ad painting him as an obstructionist.
While Kentucky currently tilts far toward the Republicans, the Democrats believe McConnell could be vulnerable in next year's election, Roll Call reported. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is expected to open her campaign for the Democratic nomination next week.
"He calls himself the guardian of gridlock, grinding the Senate to a halt, even when it hurts Kentucky," the new Democratic commercial says.
Kentuckians for a Strong Leadership, a Republican Super PAC, has already run two commercials attacking Grimes. McConnell is also expected to have a challenger in the Republican primary, Matt Bevins, a businessman who could make an announcement Wednesday, The (Louisville) Courier-Journal reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia