New York mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner admitted Tuesday he sent inappropriate
texts to a woman after he gave up his congressional seat.
Screenshots of Weiner's text messages in August 2012 were posted Monday on a website called The Dirty, USA Today reported. In a statement, Weiner said some of what was posted was not accurate but he acknowledged he had misbehaved.
"I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have," Weiner said. "These things that I did were wrong and hurtful to my wife and caused us to go through challenges in our marriage that extended past my resignation from Congress."
Weiner, D-N.Y., resigned from Congress in June 2011 after lewd photos he had texted to young women went public. He had represented a district in the borough of Queens for more than 12 years and currently is running in the Democratic primary for mayor of New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant