New York mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner admitted Tuesday he sent inappropriate
texts to a woman after he gave up his congressional seat.
Screenshots of Weiner's text messages in August 2012 were posted Monday on a website called The Dirty, USA Today reported. In a statement, Weiner said some of what was posted was not accurate but he acknowledged he had misbehaved.
"I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have," Weiner said. "These things that I did were wrong and hurtful to my wife and caused us to go through challenges in our marriage that extended past my resignation from Congress."
Weiner, D-N.Y., resigned from Congress in June 2011 after lewd photos he had texted to young women went public. He had represented a district in the borough of Queens for more than 12 years and currently is running in the Democratic primary for mayor of New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006